{"id":8876970,"date":"2017-03-05T23:38:58","date_gmt":"2017-03-05T23:38:58","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/?post_type=topic&#038;p=8876970"},"modified":"2017-03-05T23:38:58","modified_gmt":"2017-03-05T23:38:58","slug":"share-counts-problem","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/share-counts-problem\/","title":{"rendered":"Share counts problem"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi there,<br \/>\nI&#8217;ve installed this plugin and noticed share counts are not properly working. After some digging around I&#8217;ve found something in the log files that explains some of the wrong counting.<\/p>\n<p>First of all: Facebook and LinkedIn work fine. So it&#8217;s not a cache problem. Pinterest and Google+ don&#8217;t work. Why? Because of this.<\/p>\n<p>In the log files I saw how the counting is being checked. Now I use on my website the https protocol. That doesn&#8217;t seem to work with Google+ and Pinterest checks. Cause when I check them out manually I do get the right count.<\/p>\n<p>Perhaps a little bit descriptive. Let me show you.<\/p>\n<p>This is being checked by the plugin:<br \/>\nhttp:\/\/api.pinterest.com\/v1\/urls\/count.json?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmusic.idlaunch.org%2F2017%2F02%2F28%2Fhealthy-headroom-music-mixing%2F<\/p>\n<p>Count: 0<\/p>\n<p>If you use this one (only changed url=http to url=https) counts are there: http:\/\/api.pinterest.com\/v1\/urls\/count.json?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmusic.idlaunch.org%2F2017%2F02%2F28%2Fhealthy-headroom-music-mixing%2F<\/p>\n<p>How can this be solved?<\/p>\n<p>Furthermore, twitter counts don&#8217;t work at all. Why? It doesn&#8217;t matter if I check it with http or https &#8230; strange.<\/p>\n<p>Please help! Thanks!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-8876970","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/8876970","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/8876970\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":8877264,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/8876970\/revisions\/8877264"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=8876970"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}