{"id":8627169,"date":"2017-01-06T20:01:49","date_gmt":"2017-01-06T20:01:49","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/utc-time-wrong\/"},"modified":"2017-01-06T20:01:49","modified_gmt":"2017-01-06T20:01:49","slug":"utc-time-wrong","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/utc-time-wrong\/","title":{"rendered":"UTC time wrong"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Greetings! I have one hair left due to this issue. No matter what I do, I can&#8217;t get the UTC time to set correctly. <\/p>\n<p>We have our hosting with MediaTemple on a DV server. We are using WordPress multisite, though it does the same thing with a regular WordPress installation, clean with no plugins or themes installed.<\/p>\n<p>We&#8217;re in the eastern US time zone, but the time shown in WordPress settings never changes even when I set the timezone in Plesk and restart Apache. No matter what changes I make to the timezone in Plesk, WordPress does not change, it keeps reporting the same thing. I&#8217;ve also tried setting UTC time zone in php.ini and it has no effect at all. The time is reported correctly in UTC when I use the &#8220;uptime&#8221; command on the server.<\/p>\n<p>Right now, it&#8217;s 2:56pm here in Florida. I have WordPress set to UTC time zone. And it reports this on the settings page:<br \/>\nUniversal time (UTC) is 2017-01-06 14:56:02<\/p>\n<p>UTC should be 19:56.<\/p>\n<p>I have asked MediaTemple support multiple times for help and they have not been able to assist. It&#8217;s messing up the cron schedule in WordPress and making it so we can&#8217;t schedule posts. Yes, I know I can get a plugin to fix that but I want to fix the underlying problem.<\/p>\n<p>What else can I check or do to correct this?<\/p>\n<p>Thank you!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-8627169","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-time","topic-tag-utc"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/8627169","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/8627169\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=8627169"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}