{"id":8363953,"date":"2016-10-27T17:11:10","date_gmt":"2016-10-27T17:11:10","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/object-cache-php\/"},"modified":"2016-10-27T17:13:59","modified_gmt":"2016-10-27T17:13:59","slug":"object-cache-php","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/object-cache-php\/","title":{"rendered":"Object-Cache.php"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello, I have a client who runs a wordpress site.<\/p>\n<p>He installed several plugins and received the following fatal-error:<\/p>\n<p><em><strong>Fatal error: Call to a member function add_global_groups() on null in \/home\/DATABASENAME\/public_html\/wp-content\/object-cache.php on line 144<\/strong><\/em><\/p>\n<p>Line 144 of object-cache.php is: <\/p>\n<pre><code>function wp_cache_add_global_groups($groups) {\n        global $wp_object_cache;\n\n        $wp_object_cache-&gt;add_global_groups($groups);<\/code><\/pre>\n<p>So, I figured it was just some plugin or compatibility issue with a plugin, so I went into the database and just removed all his plugins temporarily. I tried to reload the page, but I received the exact same error.<\/p>\n<p>So I went in and just renmaed &#8216;object-cache.php&#8217; to another file name so it WP wouldn&#8217;t have that file to check.<\/p>\n<p>Seems like I traced the problem back to some plugin called W3-Total-Cache or something or other?<\/p>\n<p>Question is, what is this &#8216;object-cache.php&#8217; file, what does it do, and is it necessary? His website is up and running now, I can&#8217;t tell if something is broken because I don&#8217;t have access to his WP-Admin page, I mean I could get it, but I rather not. Regardless, site seems ok, but will having this &#8216;object-cache.php&#8217; file removed cause issues down the road?<\/p>\n<p>Thanks.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-8363953","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-fatal-error","topic-tag-object-cache-php"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/8363953","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/8363953\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":8363960,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/8363953\/revisions\/8363960"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=8363953"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}