{"id":801542,"date":"2008-07-04T11:19:47","date_gmt":"2008-07-04T11:19:47","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/multiple-tag-systems-or-a-different-solution\/"},"modified":"2016-08-19T01:38:45","modified_gmt":"2016-08-19T01:38:45","slug":"multiple-tag-systems-or-a-different-solution","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/multiple-tag-systems-or-a-different-solution\/","title":{"rendered":"Multiple Tag Systems or A Different Solution?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Is there a way of having two different sets of tags working on a blog at once? Perhaps hacking a plug-in tagging system to work alongside &#8211; but seperate to &#8211; WP&#8217;s own native tags, or some hack on the code that changes the naming convention of a &#8220;Tag&#8221; slightly, creating two distinct systems?<\/p>\n<p>This is a very complicated requirement, but I think the solution must be really simple. Please persevere through my explanation.<\/p>\n<p>I run a website at www.elephantwords.co.uk, which features daily writing on a weekly theme.<\/p>\n<p>What I want to do is set up a sidebar thing that shows the other posts in a week when a post from that week is displayed.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve looked at the Sets plugin, and also at the idea of setting up a sub-category for each week, but both solutions get very obtrusive or opaque &#8211; each of the six contributors posts their own work, so it needs to be straightforward.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve also looked at going in and manually tagging each item with a numerical tag for each specific week, and have had some success with that.<\/p>\n<p>The only drawback is, this renders the tagging system useless for ACTUAL tagging purposes, which some of the contributors use, and I&#8217;d rather not restrict that.<\/p>\n<p>It seems like it should be something that&#8217;s just a matter of duplicating and editing code, but I wouldn&#8217;t know where to start&#8230;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-801542","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-sets","topic-tag-tagging"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/801542","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/801542\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=801542"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}