{"id":7639523,"date":"2016-08-06T07:53:13","date_gmt":"2016-08-06T07:53:13","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/visual-editor-missing-15\/"},"modified":"2016-09-01T17:33:34","modified_gmt":"2016-09-01T17:33:34","slug":"visual-editor-missing-15","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/visual-editor-missing-15\/","title":{"rendered":"Visual editor missing"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I have tried everything and anything and I can not get the visual editor to show up. I have not changed anything and all that has happened is WordPress updated and a plugin updated. <\/p>\n<p>I have:<\/p>\n<p>1) Removed all plugins<\/p>\n<p>2) Manually reinstalled WordPress<\/p>\n<p>3) Changed the theme to 2016<\/p>\n<p>4) Tried this fix: http:\/\/www.templatemonster.com\/help\/wordpress-troubleshooter-missing-visual-editor.html<\/p>\n<p>5) A YouTube video suggested to install the Google Library plugin. No dice on that. <\/p>\n<p>6) Disabled CloudFlare and that seemed to work and I thought that was the issue. I just now sent CloudFlare a support ticket However, I wanted to see if this would fix my other WordPress driven site having this same issue and disabling CloudFlare didn&#8217;t help. I then tried again at my other site with CloudFlare off and it too wouldn&#8217;t work despite it working before. I know CloudFlare was off because my domain was being served from my host instead of CloudFlare checking my site using the IP Address And Domain addon for Firefox.<\/p>\n<p>I used Firebug in Firefox and when I go to the editor I see this error in the console: <code>&quot;NetworkError: 522 No Reason Phrase - https:\/\/toddexler.com\/wp-includes\/js\/tinymce\/plugins\/lists\/plugin.min.js?wp-mce-4310-20160418&quot;<\/code><\/p>\n<p>At first, while doing my research on this I heard about plugins with tinymce having a possible effect. Odd to me because I never had any trouble with a plugin. But I grabbed my backup and used the program Fileseek and search the plugins folder for anything with the text &#8220;tinymce.&#8221; I found 3 or 4 plugins that had that word in its code. So I removed those plugins first thinking that might fix the issue. No dice.<\/p>\n<p>Right now there are no plugins installed. WordPress has been manually reinstalled except the wp_config and the WP_content folder. I&#8217;m at a complete loss here other than this being my host and I will now open a ticket with them. <\/p>\n<p>Any and all advice appreciated.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-7639523","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-backend","topic-tag-frontend","topic-tag-visual-editor"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7639523","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7639523\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=7639523"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}