{"id":7624668,"date":"2016-08-01T22:13:09","date_gmt":"2016-08-01T22:13:09","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/post-on-front-page-please-help\/"},"modified":"2016-09-01T17:22:33","modified_gmt":"2016-09-01T17:22:33","slug":"post-on-front-page-please-help","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/post-on-front-page-please-help\/","title":{"rendered":"Post on front  page&#8230; please help!"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I have a website with a static front page. I wanted to add a page at the end on which to put posts, which I&#8217;ve called blog. I have set the  page for posts as &#8220;blog&#8221; under Reading\/Settings. I managed to add a  post to the &#8220;blog&#8221; page, but a link to the post (including the first few words&#8230;)appeared at the top of my homepage with a large snowflake icon above it. I have searched in vain through the forum for a way to get rid of this, but I cannot find one. I have put the post into a category called &#8220;blog&#8221; as I thought I could then exclude certain categories from my homepage, but that hasn&#8217;t worked as I don&#8217;t know how to do that, and I tried downloading two plugins that were meant to help but neither worked. I&#8217;m not a coder and I could alter small snippets of code if someone tells me exactly what to do, but would prefer a non coding answer&#8230; please help. I don&#8217;t want any preview of the posts to appear on my homepage ata ll. Thanks in advance.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-7624668","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7624668","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7624668\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=7624668"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}