{"id":760240,"date":"2008-05-08T13:28:04","date_gmt":"2008-05-08T13:28:04","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/automatic-upgrade-snafu\/"},"modified":"2016-08-19T01:03:11","modified_gmt":"2016-08-19T01:03:11","slug":"automatic-upgrade-snafu","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/automatic-upgrade-snafu\/","title":{"rendered":"Automatic Upgrade snafu"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I tried to use the automatic upgrader to go from 2.3.2 to 2.5 and was having a lot of problems with file permissions.  I was reading some comments on the creator&#8217;s site and it said to try a recursive chmod to change permissions on some stuff.  So I tried that and it was able to get past setting the blog into maintenance mode and what not.  Well right before I got to the point where it would upgrade my database I got several pages of errors all similar to this, for what I&#8217;m guessing is every file:<\/p>\n<p><strong>Warning: copy(\/home\/chalupa\/public_html\/movies\/wp-admin\/upgrade-functions.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in \/home\/chalupa\/public_html\/movies\/wp-content\/plugins\/wordpress-automatic-upgrade\/wpau_upgrade.class.php on line 181<\/strong><\/p>\n<p>So now if I try to go to my blog or my dashboard I get this error:<\/p>\n<p><strong>Fatal error: Call to undefined function require_wp_db() in \/home\/chalupa\/public_html\/movies\/wp-settings.php on line 206<\/strong><\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m guessing some of the files were upgraded and some were not?  I&#8217;m also guessing my database hasn&#8217;t been upgraded yet.  I did the auto-backup procedure with the plugin and saved those files.  I&#8217;m not exactly sure what I need to do to replace those.  Currently my computer won&#8217;t let me even see what&#8217;s in them because it has deemed them as &#8220;unsafe&#8221;.  Should I just talk to my webhost and have them roll back to last week&#8217;s backup?  I would greatly appreciate any help.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-760240","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/760240","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/760240\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=760240"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}