{"id":7422114,"date":"2016-05-27T14:11:05","date_gmt":"2016-05-27T14:11:05","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/role-change-and-sticky-posts\/"},"modified":"2016-08-31T18:08:57","modified_gmt":"2016-08-31T18:08:57","slug":"role-change-and-sticky-posts","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/role-change-and-sticky-posts\/","title":{"rendered":"Role change and Sticky posts"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello.<\/p>\n<p>I have two questions:<\/p>\n<p>1. I have made custom roles with User Role Editor plugin. I have assigned these roles to private groups in bbP private groups plugin settings and checked &#8220;Add group on login&#8221;.<\/p>\n<p>When I create new users with custom roles it works well &#8211; custom roles see only forums that are assigned to them. But when I change the role of existing user, this doesn&#8217;t affect bbP private groups plugin, even after log in\/log out. The member sees the same forums that were assigned to initial custom role that was set during user creation process.<\/p>\n<p>In short, it works like that:<br \/>\nNew user-&gt;Custom &#8220;role1&#8221;-&gt;Sees private &#8220;group1&#8221; that is set for &#8220;role1&#8221;<br \/>\nUser edit-&gt;Change to &#8220;role2&#8221;-&gt;Still sees private &#8220;group1&#8221; that is set to &#8220;role1&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>Is bbP private groups plugin supposed to work like that? If yes, is there a way to change this?<\/p>\n<p>2. When I make sticky topics, they are seen by everyone, even though the topics are in private groups. Is there a way to make sticky topics visible only to those who are part of the private groups?<\/p>\n<p>Thank you for the nice plugin. Hope that you can help with my questions.<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/bbp-private-groups\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-7422114","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7422114","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7422114\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=7422114"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}