{"id":7334775,"date":"2016-04-30T00:29:59","date_gmt":"2016-04-30T00:29:59","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/completely-new-to-wordpress-some-questions\/"},"modified":"2016-08-31T17:06:21","modified_gmt":"2016-08-31T17:06:21","slug":"completely-new-to-wordpress-some-questions","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/completely-new-to-wordpress-some-questions\/","title":{"rendered":"Completely new to WordPress, some questions"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi all! I&#8217;ve just started using WordPress a week ago and I have a bunch of questions about it. I&#8217;ve Googled extensively but I still think that message boards are a good way to get things solved and as such, here I am!<\/p>\n<p>On to the questions :<\/p>\n<p>a) Is there a way to remove the \/blog from my website or to change it to something else? I&#8217;m trying to use my blog as a kind of landing page or portal to other content, and I would like it to not read \/blog.<\/p>\n<p>b) Does choice of theme really make a big difference? There are so many themes that I&#8217;m honestly quite bewildered by what to choose at this point. I&#8217;m just using the default at the moment and it seems to be working fine for me just now.<\/p>\n<p>c) Same goes for SEO&#8230;there are so many SEO options! What do you all use? I&#8217;m using the Yoast plugin but I&#8217;m really just searching for something that will allow me to just &#8220;plug and play&#8221; with SEO until I have more experience with it.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-7334775","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7334775","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7334775\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=7334775"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}