{"id":7212276,"date":"2016-03-27T09:11:49","date_gmt":"2016-03-27T09:11:49","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/date-miscalculation-with-string-timezone-after-moving-server\/"},"modified":"2016-08-31T15:08:51","modified_gmt":"2016-08-31T15:08:51","slug":"date-miscalculation-with-string-timezone-after-moving-server","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/date-miscalculation-with-string-timezone-after-moving-server\/","title":{"rendered":"Date miscalculation with string timezone after moving server"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello!<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m stuck with a timezone issue and don&#8217;t know how to debug it any further.<\/p>\n<p>I moved to another host earlier with more than 10 WordPress sites and each of them show the same behaviour. All of them are up-to-date to the newest version and the newest plugin versions. The server uses PHP 7.0.4, but I set it to 5.6.19 as well with no effect on the problem.<\/p>\n<p>Expected behaviour:<br \/>\n&#8211; Timezone in WordPress settings is set to \u201dBerlin\u201c (which is the correct location)<br \/>\n&#8211; Time is shown correctly when creating posts and pages<br \/>\n&#8211; Posts and pages are published immediately when hitting \u201dPublish\u201c<br \/>\n&#8211; Server timezone can safely be set to UTC<\/p>\n<p>Actual behaviour:<br \/>\n&#8211; Posts and pages show as \u201dplanned\u201c when I hit \u201dPublish\u201c, planned for the exact same time the clock shows right now<br \/>\n&#8211; Posts and pages will be published one hour after actual publishing<br \/>\n&#8211; Setting the timezone in WordPress settings to UTC+2 (or UTC+1 with \u201dstandard time\u201c) fixes the issue completely<br \/>\n&#8211; Setting the server&#8217;s timezone to \u201dEurope\/Berlin\u201c (like it used to be on my old host) has no effect whatsoever<\/p>\n<p>I appreciate any ideas about what I could do to debug this any further or which changes I could ask my host for to make it work with timezone strings again.<\/p>\n<p>Thanks<br \/>\nThomas<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve added screenshots of the date settings.<\/p>\n<p>PHP date settings on old host:<br \/>\nhttps:\/\/te-cloud.de\/index.php\/s\/NRzCUzELybU5Qet<\/p>\n<p>PHP date settings on new host, before I asked to change it:<br \/>\nhttps:\/\/te-cloud.de\/index.php\/s\/tWJhEKASLLutrBB<\/p>\n<p>PHP date settings on new host, after changing it with no effect on the issue:<br \/>\nhttps:\/\/te-cloud.de\/index.php\/s\/yZMxweQ3EnMspKt<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-7212276","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-publish-date","topic-tag-string","topic-tag-timezone","topic-tag-utc"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7212276","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7212276\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=7212276"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}