{"id":7210121,"date":"2016-03-26T11:38:40","date_gmt":"2016-03-26T11:38:40","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/basic-abase-database-question\/"},"modified":"2016-08-31T15:07:22","modified_gmt":"2016-08-31T15:07:22","slug":"basic-abase-database-question","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/basic-abase-database-question\/","title":{"rendered":"Basic ABASE Database question"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi people, <\/p>\n<p>I am quite new to managing my own website and an SQL database, and my question is pretty simple but I&#8217;m not sure where else to look for the answer. <\/p>\n<p>When I uploaded wordpress using an FTP, I put the files in the public_html folder. When I login to MySQL, the database which contains the tables I am manipulating also contains wp tables &#8211; wp_comments, wp_links, etc. <\/p>\n<p>Consequently, when I look at the ABASE settings, it &#8216;connects&#8217; to the one database that I have. <\/p>\n<p>Next to this it says: \t&#8220;leave blank for WordPress database&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>But the changes I want to use ABASE to make are not to do with the wordpress tables, they&#8217;re to do with the other tables. <\/p>\n<p>In short, have I put wordpress in the wrong place? If I try and manipulate data in the database tables that I have made, will they connect? <\/p>\n<p>Just trying to anticipate the problem \ud83d\ude42 <\/p>\n<p>Regards<br \/>\nJanine<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/abase\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-7210121","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7210121","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/7210121\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=7210121"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}