{"id":6952020,"date":"2016-01-17T01:54:21","date_gmt":"2016-01-17T01:54:21","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/vps-server-how-much-ram\/"},"modified":"2016-08-31T00:31:13","modified_gmt":"2016-08-31T00:31:13","slug":"vps-server-how-much-ram","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/vps-server-how-much-ram\/","title":{"rendered":"VPS Server &#8211; How Much RAM"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi All &#8211; <\/p>\n<p>Looking for some suggestions. I currently have 15 WordPress Sites hosted on a VPS server. Currently I&#8217;ve got 3GBs of RAM, APACHE on sever side and cpanel on the accounts. The sites are current getting very low traffic under 1,000 hits a month, but there are three I expect to grow a lot this year. <\/p>\n<p>My question is what is a good number as far as RAM to shoot for so I can grow these sites without worrying about using up all my ram? Currently on average I&#8217;m using half and one evening I had four of my writers logged into one sites and my RAM usage spiked up to: <\/p>\n<p>(mysqld) score 0 vm:2858996kB, rss:47216kB, swap:498952kB<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve been looking at the 4.25 GB plan for Knownhost. Will that be enough for a jump in traffic and allow me to have multiple writers logged in at once to my publishing site?<\/p>\n<p>Bit more information on the sites, they are optimized. Plugins range from 5-7 on most sites, I do have two big sites where I&#8217;m using 25 and 19. But the site that&#8217;s using 25 loads up well. <a href=\"https:\/\/gtmetrix.com\/reports\/svtpublishing.com\/fuqKe2yo\">SVT Publishing<\/a><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-6952020","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-ram","topic-tag-vps"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6952020","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6952020\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=6952020"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}