{"id":6729145,"date":"2015-11-09T03:10:49","date_gmt":"2015-11-09T03:10:49","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/call-simple-html-file-from-within-post-or-page\/"},"modified":"2016-08-30T20:01:45","modified_gmt":"2016-08-30T20:01:45","slug":"call-simple-html-file-from-within-post-or-page","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/call-simple-html-file-from-within-post-or-page\/","title":{"rendered":"call simple html file from within post or page"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<br \/>\nI looked for the whole forum but didn&#8217;t find any previous posts so I&#8217;m asking the question to my problem here.<\/p>\n<p>Here is what I am trying to achieve.<br \/>\nIn all my posts and pages, I have to insert a text at the end, the version number and every time we update the site, we have to change the version number and its a pain to go through hundreds of posts\/pages. <\/p>\n<p>So I thought I create the simple html file which I want to call from my posts and pages to insert the content on every page. So when the version number change, all I have to do it edit the html file and all pages will be updated. Instead of going through on every page. For version.html file example,<br \/>\n<code>&lt;strong&gt;Created by &quot;Prof. Name&quot;, Version 2.2&lt;\/strong&gt;<\/code><\/p>\n<p>I put that file in root directory of the domain as its not that important and easily accessible.<\/p>\n<p>So my questions is, how to achieve that? I read somewhere that to use the SSI method but found out, there are some restriction with PHP. Then one said I could use the following code but I&#8217;m keep getting PHP error.<\/p>\n<pre><code>&lt;?php virtual (&#039;http:\/\/domainname.com\/version.html&#039;); ?&gt;<\/code><\/pre>\n<pre><code>[insert_php]\n&lt;?php virtual (&#039;http:\/\/domainname.com\/version.html&#039;); ?&gt;\n[\/insert_php]<\/code><\/pre>\n<p>Can you help me in this please. Or guide me to correct method to do.<\/p>\n<p>Thanks in advance.<br \/>\nTheticus<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/insert-php\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-6729145","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6729145","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6729145\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=6729145"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}