{"id":6698736,"date":"2015-10-29T19:18:47","date_gmt":"2015-10-29T19:18:47","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/folder-structure-for-media-library\/"},"modified":"2016-08-30T19:40:57","modified_gmt":"2016-08-30T19:40:57","slug":"folder-structure-for-media-library","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/folder-structure-for-media-library\/","title":{"rendered":"Folder Structure for Media Library"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hey,<\/p>\n<p>I know there were already post to this topic, but they all got closed. I also read that a folder structure would be to complicated for the WP user, but I (and many others) can&#8217;t understand this.<\/p>\n<p>I can understand that you won&#8217;t change your entire month\/year based upload system (or just everthing in &#8220;uploads&#8221;), but why wouldn&#8217;t you at least give the user some virtual folders ? <\/p>\n<p>Just add one simple button to the media library to create a folder. If a users don&#8217;t want to use folders, he maybe won&#8217;t even notice. But someone who needs folders to find his stuff will love this feature to create &#8220;virtual&#8221; folders.<\/p>\n<p>The <strong>only<\/strong> plugin that does this job is &#8220;WP Media Folder&#8221;. That costs 15$ and I don&#8217;t think a WordPress user who just wants to organize his files like in a&#8230;regular media library&#8230;should pay this price, for such a basic function.<\/p>\n<p>I really hope that this feature will be added one day, and I think I&#8217;m not the only one.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-6698736","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-media-library","topic-tag-organize-media","topic-tag-wp-media-folder"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6698736","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6698736\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=6698736"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}