{"id":6673958,"date":"2015-10-22T13:02:03","date_gmt":"2015-10-22T13:02:03","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/make-emoji-optional\/"},"modified":"2016-08-30T19:24:14","modified_gmt":"2016-08-30T19:24:14","slug":"make-emoji-optional","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/make-emoji-optional\/","title":{"rendered":"Make Emoji optional"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>So, after working on a MVC platform for the past year, I returned to WP to update my website. Looking at the source code I find Emoji script in my header.<\/p>\n<p>As most people know, js scripts should be placed in the footer in terms on SEO og page load. And in my case, I don&#8217;t use Emoji in 90% of my sites. So having JS code in my source code that I will never use is not good.<\/p>\n<p>As many has stated before (in previous threads I&#8217;ve read), I should not have to use a 3rd party plugin to disable a core function in order to prevent &#8220;garbage&#8221; code in my html source code.<\/p>\n<p>Rather, if you want to use Emoji, you could either configure this in admin panel or  be able to add this using <code>add_theme_support( &#039;emoji&#039; );<\/code><\/p>\n<p>So my question is, what is the status of this? Has the WP team done anything about this?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-6673958","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6673958","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6673958\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=6673958"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}