{"id":6634726,"date":"2015-10-10T16:43:19","date_gmt":"2015-10-10T16:43:19","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/doubt-with-users\/"},"modified":"2016-08-30T18:59:01","modified_gmt":"2016-08-30T18:59:01","slug":"doubt-with-users","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/doubt-with-users\/","title":{"rendered":"Doubt with users"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello and thanks for your work.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m trying to conect with a external DB with your plugin but I can&#8217;t \ud83d\ude41<\/p>\n<p>I recibe in the &#8216;External DB data&#8217; link this message:<\/p>\n<blockquote>\n<p>Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000\/1045): Access denied for user &#8216;Medina&#8217;@&#8217;localhost&#8217; (using password: YES) in \/home\/lasombradetusomb\/public_html\/pruebas\/paisajelimpio\/wp-content\/plugins\/external-database-access-using-wp-user\/ext_db_aaccess.php on line 180<\/p>\n<\/blockquote>\n<p>I see you say:<\/p>\n<blockquote>\n<p>I can see that you are trying to connect to your external database using user &#8220;admin&#8221; and admin has no access to that database. There are few possibilities like the user is not created for your external database OR the user has insufficient permissions.<\/p>\n<\/blockquote>\n<p>In this case I&#8217;m trying to connect to the external database using user &#8220;Medina&#8221; and Medina has no access to that database. But &#8216;Medina&#8217; is the name os the administrator of the WP where I install the plugin, but no the user I put in the &#8216;External DB setting&#8217; really the user &#8216;Medina&#8217; don&#8217;t exits in the external DB, the user that exist is the is the user I put in the &#8216;External DB setting&#8217;. What I&#8217;m doing wrong?<\/p>\n<p>Thkas for your effort<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/external-database-access-using-wp-user\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-6634726","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6634726","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6634726\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=6634726"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}