{"id":6582599,"date":"2015-09-24T21:33:07","date_gmt":"2015-09-24T21:33:07","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/date-format-78\/"},"modified":"2016-08-30T18:23:42","modified_gmt":"2016-08-30T18:23:42","slug":"date-format-78","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/date-format-78\/","title":{"rendered":"date format"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I&#8217;m trying to format the attachment date, but the two formatting options I&#8217;ve tried aren&#8217;t working. What am I missing?<\/p>\n<p>My Syntax:<br \/>\n[+date,date(&#8216;F j, Y&#8217;)+]<\/p>\n<p>Tried ,timestamp and ,date.<\/p>\n<p>,timestamp(f)\tMany date and time values such as [+meta:image_meta.created_timestamp+] are stored as a UNIX timestamp. The &#8220;,timestamp&#8221; format converts a timestamp into a variety of date and\/or time string formats, using the PHP date() function. Details on the format_string argument can be found at: http:\/\/php.net\/manual\/en\/function.date.php.<\/p>\n<p>The default format string is &#8220;d\/m\/Y H:i:s&#8221;, e.g., &#8220;31\/12\/2014 23:59:00&#8221; (just before midnight on new year&#8217;s eve). You could code [+meta:image_meta.created_timestamp,timestamp(&#8216;j F, Y&#8217;)+] to display &#8220;31 December, 2014&#8221;.<br \/>\n,date(f)\tMany EXIF date and time values such as DateTimeOriginal and DateTimeDigitized are stored as strings with a format of &#8220;YYYY:MM:DD HH:MM:SS&#8221;. You can parse this format and just about any English textual datetime description into a Unix timestamp, then format the result by using the &#8220;,date&#8221; format. This format first uses the PHP strtotime() function, then the date() function. The &#8220;Supported Date and Time Formats&#8221; can be found at: http:\/\/php.net\/manual\/en\/datetime.formats.php.<\/p>\n<p>The default format string is &#8220;d\/m\/Y H:i:s&#8221;, e.g., &#8220;31\/12\/2014 23:59:00&#8221; (just before midnight on new year&#8217;s eve). You could code [+exif:DateTimeOriginal,date(&#8216;j F, Y&#8217;)+] to display &#8220;31 December, 2014&#8221;.<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/media-library-assistant\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-6582599","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-date","topic-tag-format"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6582599","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6582599\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=6582599"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}