{"id":6298833,"date":"2015-07-06T06:38:18","date_gmt":"2015-07-06T06:38:18","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/urgent-installation-help-needed\/"},"modified":"2016-08-30T15:10:47","modified_gmt":"2016-08-30T15:10:47","slug":"urgent-installation-help-needed","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/urgent-installation-help-needed\/","title":{"rendered":"How do I install WordPress"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I want to start making website through wordpress. But I am not getting the installation properly to begin with.<\/p>\n<p>Installation: Famous 5-minute install<\/p>\n<p>Unzip the package in an empty directory and upload everything. HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO UPLOAD<br \/>\nOpen wp-admin\/install.php in your browser. NOT UNDERSTANDING HOW TO GET IT. It will take you through the process to set up a wp-config.php file with your database connection details.<br \/>\nIf for some reason this doesn\u2019t work, don\u2019t worry. It doesn\u2019t work on all web hosts. Open up wp-config-sample.php with a text editor like WordPad or similar and fill in your database connection details.<br \/>\nSave the file as wp-config.php and upload it.<br \/>\nOpen wp-admin\/install.php in your browser.<\/p>\n<p>I tried to find out through the youtube videos but everywhere they are going  any of the webhosting company.I don&#8217;t have much money to go for it right now. Isn&#8217;t there anyway to install the wordpress after downloading it from here&#8212;&gt; https:\/\/wordpress.org\/download\/?<\/p>\n<p>Any suggestions appreciated. <\/p>\n<p>Thanks<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-6298833","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6298833","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6298833\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=6298833"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}