{"id":6036767,"date":"2015-04-21T01:23:00","date_gmt":"2015-04-21T01:23:00","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/column-posts-php-54\/"},"modified":"2016-08-24T14:59:23","modified_gmt":"2016-08-24T14:59:23","slug":"column-posts-php-54","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/column-posts-php-54\/","title":{"rendered":"Column Posts &amp; PHP 5.4"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hey Lebasca,<\/p>\n<p>It has been long since I&#8217;ve been on the forums of your plugin. Since tonight my host started implementing PHP 5.4, and my site doesn&#8217;t work. It says: <\/p>\n<blockquote>\n<p>&#8220;Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in \/public\/sites\/www.platenkastvan.nl\/wp-content\/plugins\/column-posts\/column-posts.php on line 271&#8221;\n<\/p>\n<\/blockquote>\n<p>I looked up the error message to see if I could find any solution, but I lack php-knowledge here. Only thing I know is that it is the point where is defined that if the number of posts is more than one, column post will come in effect.<\/p>\n<p>\t\t`if ($numposts &gt; 0){<br \/>\n\t\t&lt;strong&gt;$this-&gt;print_endposts($cp_class, $col_cat, $cp_column, &amp;$cp_str);&lt;\/strong&gt;<br \/>\n\t\t\t\t}<br \/>\n\t\t\t} \/\/ end if categories`<\/p>\n<p>A post on Stackoverflow gave me a solution, but I couldn&#8217;t really see how it corresponded to this line in column-posts.php: <\/p>\n<blockquote>\n<p>For example, instead of using:<\/p>\n<p>\/\/ Wrong way!<\/p>\n<pre><code>myFunc(&amp;$arg);               # Deprecated pass-by-reference argument\nfunction myFunc($arg) { }<\/code><\/pre>\n<p>Use:<\/p>\n<p>\/\/ Right way!<\/p>\n<pre><code>myFunc($var);                # pass-by-value argument\nfunction myFunc(&amp;$arg) { }&lt;\/blockquote&gt;<\/code><\/pre>\n<p>I hope you can have a look at it soon, in the meantime I will reach my host to see whether they can solve it somehow&#8230; (will consider a new donation after all these years;) )<\/p>\n<p>Thanks anyway!\n<\/p>\n<\/blockquote>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/column-posts\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-6036767","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6036767","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6036767\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=6036767"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}