{"id":6029940,"date":"2015-04-19T01:54:03","date_gmt":"2015-04-19T01:54:03","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/problem-with-sidebar-and-widgets-2\/"},"modified":"2016-08-24T14:55:16","modified_gmt":"2016-08-24T14:55:16","slug":"problem-with-sidebar-and-widgets-2","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/problem-with-sidebar-and-widgets-2\/","title":{"rendered":"Problem with sidebar and widgets"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I need some help with figuring out how to get a sidebar with widgets on my blog page. Any help will be greatly appreciated.<\/p>\n<p>My website is: www.naomifraser.com<\/p>\n<p>I have never done any web design before, this is my first time, but I&#8217;ve been looking on Google and doing YouTube tutorials. I downloaded a theme and put it up on wordpress.org under my domain name. So, I&#8217;m a newbie, but I&#8217;m willing to research and learn.<\/p>\n<p>Anyway, the widgets show up on the pages I don&#8217;t want them to. I want them to show on my blog page, but they appear on the About and Contact page. I have tried numerous plugins, but suspect something else is wrong, maybe with the code of the theme, because they don&#8217;t work. <\/p>\n<p>I am not too familiar with code. I have tried my best to customize my site with tutorials, but I can&#8217;t figure out this problem. <\/p>\n<p>1) I go into Customize&#8211;&gt;General, then change posts page to blog, as that&#8217;s where I want my posts to appear. Which I also do on Reading. I set the Home page to static.<\/p>\n<p>2) Sidebars then appear on static pages. I need them to appear on post pages. I have tried plugins for this and they don&#8217;t work.<\/p>\n<p>3) I go into Customize&#8211;&gt;General and change the posts page to static, just to see if it&#8217;s a problem with how static\/posts pages were set up.<\/p>\n<p>4) Widgets appear on the Blog then, yay! but just the widgets and not the blog post (text), and the landing page is white with text. I also lose my picture on the landing page. The post which is supposed to be beside the widgets on my blog page is now on the landing page.<\/p>\n<p>I really like the colours of my theme and the picture on the landing page. I have paid for a premium theme, but had to ask for a refund, because I couldn&#8217;t understand how to set it up. But if someone doesn&#8217;t have an answer to my widget\/sidebar\/blog question and has a better idea of a theme that would suit (I need one with a good blog template) with a YouTube tutorial, I would appreciate the help.<\/p>\n<p>I have read a lot of threads about widgets and sidebars and there&#8217;s a lot of code that has to be fixed. Again, I&#8217;m sorry, but I am not familiar with code at all, really. That&#8217;s why I use YouTube tutorials. <\/p>\n<p>Thanks for any help at all.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-6029940","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6029940","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/6029940\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=6029940"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}