{"id":5822288,"date":"2015-02-23T04:05:35","date_gmt":"2015-02-23T04:05:35","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/err_ssl_protocol_error\/"},"modified":"2016-08-22T17:15:57","modified_gmt":"2016-08-22T17:15:57","slug":"err_ssl_protocol_error","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/err_ssl_protocol_error\/","title":{"rendered":"ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I was happy to find your RealFaviconGenerator plugin. <\/p>\n<p>I have used your website before on a previous (non WordPress) website to generate favicons. <\/p>\n<p>Here is the reason for opening up a support request.<\/p>\n<p>I am using the latest version of Google Chrome. <\/p>\n<p>I successfully installed this plugin in my WordPress installation.  <\/p>\n<p>On the screenshot tap, I went to the first step:<\/p>\n<p>&#8220;Initial favicon setup screen. You are invited to setup your favicon.&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>When I selected a master picture from the media library, and clicked on the Generate button, Chrome displayed an error message<\/p>\n<p>The URL Chrome went to was https:\/\/realfavicongenerator.net\/api\/favicon_generator<br \/>\nThe error that Chrome displayed was ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR<\/p>\n<p>I tried this same process in IE 11 and got a message that said this page cannot be displayed.<\/p>\n<p>I am running my site through CloudFlare&#8217;s Flexible SSL. I did have Development mode turned on and had cleared my cache. <\/p>\n<p>Do you have any advice what might be causing this error?<\/p>\n<p>I had backed up my WP installation before installing this plugin. So I rolled it back to the backup version. I would try installing it again if you had any recommendations on how I could get this working.<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/favicon-by-realfavicongenerator\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-5822288","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5822288","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5822288\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=5822288"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}