{"id":5695240,"date":"2015-01-21T04:44:28","date_gmt":"2015-01-21T04:44:28","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/404-page-not-found-44\/"},"modified":"2016-08-22T15:38:19","modified_gmt":"2016-08-22T15:38:19","slug":"404-page-not-found-44","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/404-page-not-found-44\/","title":{"rendered":"404: Page not found"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Total newb with wordpress just so you know.  Building up my first wp site, still getting the hang of it (took 2 weeks just to figure out stuff with web.com hosting after a domain transfer).  Any way, so i noticed that my site wasn&#8217;t showing up as the index www.mysite.com, but rather at www.mysite.com\/wordpress1 so looked through all different things in the wp admin panel and happened uppon the general settings tab.   I ended up being dumb and changing both the &#8216;wp address&#8217; and &#8216;site address&#8217; thinking that would fix everything lol (yes I know I&#8217;m dumb).  Now I can&#8217;t even login to my dashboard without:<\/p>\n<p>404: Page not found<br \/>\nThis error is generated when there was no web page with the name you specified at the web site.<\/p>\n<p>Troubleshooting suggestions:<\/p>\n<p>Ensure the page you are linking to exists in the correct folder.<\/p>\n<p>Check your file name for case sensitivity . Index.htm is not the same as index.htm!<\/p>\n<p>Temporarily disable any rewrite rules by renaming your .htaccess file if it exists.<\/p>\n<p>Need some help rectifying this, preferably in lamen&#8217;s terms for a total newb.  THANKS MUCH!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-5695240","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-404-page-not-found"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5695240","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5695240\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=5695240"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}