{"id":567761,"date":"2007-05-22T13:30:31","date_gmt":"2007-05-22T13:30:31","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/wordpress-and-javascript\/"},"modified":"2016-08-18T22:55:18","modified_gmt":"2016-08-18T22:55:18","slug":"wordpress-and-javascript","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/wordpress-and-javascript\/","title":{"rendered":"WordPress and Javascript"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi all,<\/p>\n<p>I have a bit of a problem using a couple of javascripts in my template.  Unfortunately I know next to nothing about javascript!<\/p>\n<p>On my site I use a javascript enabled scrollable area to get around Firefox&#8217;s inability to apply CSS to scrollbars.  I use another javascript to change the arrow images on mouseover.<\/p>\n<p>Rather than post the codes which are quite long, here&#8217;s some links to some pages:<br \/>\nhttp:\/\/www.michaelherbert.me.uk\/home.htm (the scripts works here)<\/p>\n<p>http:\/\/www.michaelherbert.me.uk\/journal (wordpress where it doesn&#8217;t work).<\/p>\n<p>If you visit those links you should be able to see what&#8217;s going on I think.  If anyone would like to take up the challenge and can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated.  I&#8217;ll be away from a PC for a while so apologies if I don&#8217;t reply.<\/p>\n<p>If I take out the html placing the scrollable area onto the page, the blog works fine.  The script itself can be found at:<\/p>\n<p>http:\/\/www.dhtmlshock.com\/scrollers\/APScrollableArea\/default.asp<\/p>\n<p>Thanks in advance.<\/p>\n<p>Thanks in advance.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-567761","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-area","topic-tag-javascript","topic-tag-scrollable"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/567761","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/567761\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=567761"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}