{"id":5651589,"date":"2015-01-09T03:59:14","date_gmt":"2015-01-09T03:59:14","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/child-theme-changes-not-being-recognized\/"},"modified":"2016-08-22T15:13:31","modified_gmt":"2016-08-22T15:13:31","slug":"child-theme-changes-not-being-recognized","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/child-theme-changes-not-being-recognized\/","title":{"rendered":"Virtue Child theme not overriding Parent Theme"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>First time here, and first time WP, so please bear with me. Have set  up and activated a &#8220;Virtue&#8221; child theme. <\/p>\n<p>The 3 files in my virtue-child directory are:<br \/>\n1. functions.php<br \/>\n&lt;?php<br \/>\nadd_action( &#8216;wp_enqueue_scripts&#8217;, &#8216;enqueue_parent_styles&#8217; );<br \/>\nfunction enqueue_parent_styles() {<br \/>\n    wp_enqueue_style( &#8216;parent-style&#8217;, get_template_directory_uri().&#8217;\/style.css&#8217; );<br \/>\n}<br \/>\n?&gt;<br \/>\n2. style.css<br \/>\n\/*<br \/>\n Theme Name:   virtue-child<br \/>\n Theme URI:<br \/>\n Description:  Child<br \/>\n Author:       Virtue<br \/>\n Author URI:<br \/>\n Template:     virtue<br \/>\n Version:      1.0.0<br \/>\n License:      GNU General Public License v2 or later<br \/>\n License URI:  http:\/\/www.gnu.org\/licenses\/gpl-2.0.html<br \/>\n Tags:         light, dark, two-columns, right-sidebar, responsive-layout, accessibility-ready<br \/>\n Text Domain:  virtue-child<br \/>\n*\/<br \/>\n@import url(&#8220;..\/virtue\/style.css&#8221;);<\/p>\n<p>3. page-header.php<br \/>\n&lt;div class=&#8221;page-header&#8221;&gt;<br \/>\n  &lt;h1&gt;<br \/>\n    &lt;?php \/\/echo kadence_title();\/\/ ?&gt;<br \/>\n  &lt;\/h1&gt;<br \/>\n   &lt;?php global $post;<br \/>\n  if(is_page()) {$bsub = get_post_meta( $post-&gt;ID, &#8216;_kad_subtitle&#8217;, true ); if($bsub != &#8221;) echo &#8216;&lt;p class=&#8221;subtitle&#8221;&gt; &#8216;.__($bsub).&#8217; &lt;\/p&gt;&#8217;; }<br \/>\n   else if(is_category()) {  echo &#8216;&lt;p class=&#8221;subtitle&#8221;&gt;&#8217;.__(category_description()).&#8217; &lt;\/p&gt;&#8217;;}<br \/>\n   \t?&gt;<br \/>\n&lt;\/div&gt;<\/p>\n<p>When I make a change (as in commenting out the headline on page-header.php), the headline still appears. ( If I comment it out in the Parent file, it is doesn&#8217;t appear, as it shouldn&#8217;t.. but I&#8217;d like to work on the child theme&#8230;)<\/p>\n<p>4.  I have refreshed, cleared cache, and even checked in alternate browsers. <\/p>\n<p>url: http:\/\/crhmaui.com\/wp<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-5651589","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5651589","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5651589\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=5651589"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}