{"id":5221130,"date":"2014-08-24T16:09:16","date_gmt":"2014-08-24T16:09:16","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/arcade-basic-theme-question\/"},"modified":"2016-08-22T00:47:40","modified_gmt":"2016-08-22T00:47:40","slug":"arcade-basic-theme-question","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/arcade-basic-theme-question\/","title":{"rendered":"Arcade (basic) theme question"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I have chosen Arcade basic for my theme. I am fairly new as a wordpress user and can&#8217;t say I understand a lot of it. <\/p>\n<p>I would like to add widgets to the side bar, such as social links or a subscribe to email bar, and other things. I cannot see that custom widgets are allowed?  I just want to make sure I am clear on this. The upgrade is 69$ which seem kind of pricey. I reviewed the offerings for the upgrade and cannot find anything that talks about adding custom widgets there either. I can&#8217;t ask a question there either as it warns not to contact them with technical issues and I was redirected here. <\/p>\n<p>If I cannot what do I do? I spent days looking thru hundreds of themes and this is the only one I found that I like. Is there one that looks super similar? If I can&#8217;t add follower widgets then what is the point of having the blog to begin with?<\/p>\n<p>Please help!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-5221130","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-arcade"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5221130","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5221130\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=5221130"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}