{"id":504552,"date":"2007-01-17T23:59:12","date_gmt":"2007-01-17T23:59:12","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/maximum-pc-start-your-own-blog\/"},"modified":"2016-08-18T22:21:28","modified_gmt":"2016-08-18T22:21:28","slug":"maximum-pc-start-your-own-blog","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/maximum-pc-start-your-own-blog\/","title":{"rendered":"Maximum PC (start your own blog)"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>In the January 2007 issue, pages 55-57, David Murphy gives instructions for starting your own blog, by using your PC as a server.  I have followed the instructions (repeatedly, going back to the beginning) and when I get to the part about typing in the URL that I set up with DynDns, WordPress from graphic to plain text and I am unable to change the URL unelss I go into XAMPP.  How do I change the URL so that it maybe accessed from the web?  When I type the DynDns www.example.homedns.org it brings me to the XAMPP.  According to the article he has it done in less then 50 minutes, and I am past the 50 hour mark.<\/p>\n<p>If this going to be a lengthy reply, my e-mail address is BudWII@hotmail.com.  I will be glad to correspond with someone over this or call them on the phone.<\/p>\n<p>I bought this inexpensive computer to set it up as server for my blog.  <\/p>\n<p>Thanks.<\/p>\n<p>Bud W.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-504552","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/504552","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/504552\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=504552"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}