{"id":5023791,"date":"2014-06-19T12:47:43","date_gmt":"2014-06-19T12:47:43","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/bug-report-quotation-marks-in-css\/"},"modified":"2016-08-21T21:41:47","modified_gmt":"2016-08-21T21:41:47","slug":"bug-report-quotation-marks-in-css","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/bug-report-quotation-marks-in-css\/","title":{"rendered":"Bug report: quotation marks in css"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<\/p>\n<p>thanks for making this great plugin! I noticed today a little bug concerning the CSS edit field. I wanted a little more complex CSS in order to display an on-mouse-over message that the Link is broken (and has not been deliberately crossed-out by the author). I pasted the following snippet into the CSS box:<\/p>\n<pre><code>.broken_link, a.broken_link {\n\t  border-bottom: 1px dotted red;\n\t  position: relative;\n\t}\n\t.broken_link:after, a.broken_link:after {\n\t  content: &quot;Link checker has marked this link as broken&quot;;\n\t  display: none;\n\t  font-size: smaller;\n\t  background-color: white;\n\t  border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;\n\t  border-radius: 3px;\n\t  padding: 2px 4px;\n\t  position: absolute;\n\t  top: 2em;\n\t  left: 50%;\n\t  white-space: nowrap;\n\t}\n\t.broken_link:hover, a.broken_link:hover {\n\t  cursor: pointer;\n\t}\n\t.broken_link:hover:after, a.broken_link:hover:after {\n\t  display: inline-block;\n\t}<\/code><\/pre>\n<p>After submitting the line <\/p>\n<p><code>content: &quot;Link checker has marked this link as broken&quot;;<\/code><\/p>\n<p>comes back as<\/p>\n<p><code>content: \\&quot;Link checker has marked this link as broken\\&quot;;<\/code><\/p>\n<p>and the generated CSS is the same with the result that the content parameter is ignored due to invalid property value.<\/p>\n<p>I then edited the mysql DB directly and it worked. So I suppose there is a bug with the escapes.<\/p>\n<p>Any chance this might get fixed?<\/p>\n<p>Thanks,<br \/>\nPhilipp<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/broken-link-checker\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-5023791","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-css"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5023791","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5023791\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=5023791"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}