{"id":5004529,"date":"2014-06-12T22:24:56","date_gmt":"2014-06-12T22:24:56","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/text-to-speech\/"},"modified":"2016-08-21T21:29:59","modified_gmt":"2016-08-21T21:29:59","slug":"text-to-speech","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/text-to-speech\/","title":{"rendered":"Text to Speech"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I have used many of these on my WordPress blog and found out that they either break my site, or don&#8217;t include the whole content, or they do both.  Plus many give you just one option of where to put the text to speech text link or graphic\/file.  You just don&#8217;t have the control you need.  <\/p>\n<p>So I decided I would create my own block of code text that includes the link to the mp3 and has a nice text to speech image.  I create my own text to speech files and upload them then take it from there.  <\/p>\n<p>I am not a hacker.  I am not much of a website coder either.  I just pick up a little code here and there from the net when I need it.   The problem I described above is the norm when it comes to text to speech on the Internet.  No one but just a few wants to mess with the idea.  Those that do are limited to getting the tool that converts the text.  Those that convert the text limits your text, and\/or doesn&#8217;t do a very good job.  <\/p>\n<p>The code I used is below but i wish it was a part of WordPress and marked as a area that you can tic to enable, and use you own small graphic image or select one from a list of colors, and told those fixing to download or listen how to download in case they don&#8217;t know how.  <\/p>\n<p>I really wish WordPress could be the first one that caters to the sight impaired to help bloggers out that want to be .  My code is not that great I am sure others could do better job of it.  <\/p>\n<pre><code>&lt;hr \/&gt;\n\n&lt;b&gt;Text to Speech&lt;b \/&gt;\n&lt;img class=&quot;size-full wp-image-1383&quot; src=&quot;Apps-preferences-desktop-text-to-speech-icon-e1402604486523.png&quot; alt=&quot;text to speech&quot; width=&quot;30&quot; height=&quot;30&quot; \/&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;URLHERE.MP3&quot;&gt; Text to Speech&lt;\/a&gt;\n\n&lt;b&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;color: #800080;&quot;&gt;To download MP3 right click link and &quot;save as&quot;&lt;\/span&gt; &lt;b \/&gt;\n\n&lt;hr \/&gt;<\/code><\/pre>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-5004529","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5004529","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/5004529\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=5004529"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}