{"id":498055,"date":"2007-01-04T09:10:35","date_gmt":"2007-01-04T09:10:35","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/homepage-header-text\/"},"modified":"2016-08-18T22:18:25","modified_gmt":"2016-08-18T22:18:25","slug":"homepage-header-text","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/homepage-header-text\/","title":{"rendered":"Homepage Header Text"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi there,<br \/>\nCould someone please help me with the following?<\/p>\n<p>I would like to place some intro text and an image to appear above my posts on the hompage of my site (www.bicentre.org.uk). I understand I need to use the is_home() tag, however I am unsure as to where this needs to be placed. My site has the following index.php<\/p>\n<p>&lt;?php <\/p>\n<p>include_once(&#8216;gravatar.php&#8217;);<\/p>\n<p>get_header();<br \/>\n?&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?&gt;<br \/>\n&lt;is_home()&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;div class=&#8221;post&#8221;&gt;<br \/>\n\t &lt;h3 class=&#8221;storytitle&#8221; id=&#8221;post-&lt;?php the_ID(17); ?&gt;&#8221;&gt;<a>&#8221; rel=&#8221;bookmark&#8221;&gt;&lt;?php the_title(); ?&gt;<\/a>&lt;\/h3&gt;<br \/>\n\t&lt;div class=&#8221;meta&#8221;&gt;&lt;?php _e(&#8220;Filed under:&#8221;); ?&gt; &lt;?php the_category(&#8216;,&#8217;) ?&gt; &#8212; &lt;?php the_author() ?&gt; at &lt;?php the_time(&#8216;g:i a&#8217;) ?&gt; on &lt;?php the_time(&#8216;l, F j, Y&#8217;) ?&gt;  &lt;?php edit_post_link(__(&#8216;Edit This&#8217;)); ?&gt;&lt;\/div&gt;<\/p>\n<p>\t&lt;div class=&#8221;storycontent&#8221;&gt;<br \/>\n\t\t&lt;?php the_content(__(&#8216;(Read on &#8230;)&#8217;)); ?&gt;<br \/>\n\t&lt;\/div&gt;<\/p>\n<p>\t&lt;div class=&#8221;feedback&#8221;&gt;<br \/>\n            &lt;?php wp_link_pages(); ?&gt;<br \/>\n            &lt;?php comments_popup_link(__(&#8216;Comments (0)&#8217;), __(&#8216;Comments (1)&#8217;), __(&#8216;Comments (%)&#8217;)); ?&gt;<br \/>\n\t&lt;\/div&gt;<\/p>\n<p>\t&lt;!&#8211;<br \/>\n\t&lt;?php trackback_rdf(); ?&gt;<br \/>\n\t&#8211;&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;\/div&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;?php comments_template(); ?&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;?php endwhile; else: ?&gt;<br \/>\n&lt;p&gt;&lt;?php _e(&#8216;Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.&#8217;); ?&gt;&lt;\/p&gt;<br \/>\n&lt;?php endif; ?&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;?php posts_nav_link(&#8216; &#8212; &#8216;, __(&#8216;&laquo; Previous Page&#8217;), __(&#8216;Next Page &raquo;&#8217;)); ?&gt;<\/p>\n<p>&lt;?php get_footer(); ?&gt;<\/p>\n<p>Any ideas?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-498055","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-homepage","topic-tag-index-php","topic-tag-text"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/498055","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/498055\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=498055"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}