{"id":4863984,"date":"2014-04-30T02:59:35","date_gmt":"2014-04-30T02:59:35","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/compatibility-status-outdated\/"},"modified":"2016-08-21T19:52:57","modified_gmt":"2016-08-21T19:52:57","slug":"compatibility-status-outdated","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/compatibility-status-outdated\/","title":{"rendered":"Compatibility status outdated"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<\/p>\n<p>I have some plugins which shows &#8220;3.8.1&#8221; as the compatible version but when I checked the wordpress.org&#8217;s page, it says compatible up to &#8220;3.9&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>I have read a post before (https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/where-does-the-version-compatibility-info-come-from) which says that this plugin reads compatibility information from readme files. I am not sure if there is a better solution but I think the problem is that many plugin developers simply update the compatibility version on wordpress.org and thus the update is not reflected by this plugin.<\/p>\n<p>This makes the plugin much less useful as we still need to manually check the wordpress.org page and we&#8217;ll certainly lose track when dealing with many plugins.<\/p>\n<p>If there isn&#8217;t a better solution, perhaps you can consider the following feature:<\/p>\n<p>A feature which allows us to override the compatible version by manually entering the version. At least, after we manually check the wordpress.org&#8217;s page, we can manually put the version in as a way to keep track. Otherwise, it&#8217;s really hard to distinguish between which plugins are not compatible yet and which ones are already compatible (but just the version not displayed correctly).<\/p>\n<p>Thanks<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/better-plugin-compatibility-control\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-4863984","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4863984","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4863984\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=4863984"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}