{"id":4828330,"date":"2014-04-19T22:52:54","date_gmt":"2014-04-19T22:52:54","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/proposed-enhancement-to-plugin-manager-with-code\/"},"modified":"2016-08-21T19:31:35","modified_gmt":"2016-08-21T19:31:35","slug":"proposed-enhancement-to-plugin-manager-with-code","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/proposed-enhancement-to-plugin-manager-with-code\/","title":{"rendered":"Proposed enhancement to plugin manager (with code!)"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi Aaron,<\/p>\n<p>I just began fiddling with Multisite WordPress yesterday with a view to migrating a few small blogs over to reduce the work of maintaining them, and came across your plugin when I was looking for a way to handle site-specific plugins elegantly. It fits the bill nicely &#8212; except for one small item.<\/p>\n<p>Thing is, given that I am logged in as superadmin almost all the time, it&#8217;s a little confusing to see all the non-network plugins listed on the plugin pages of every site, even after I had selected them to be accessible only on a specific blog. I prefer seeing what a normal site admin would see, which I think it would be less confusing in the long run, (though I am sure there will be those who disagree!).<\/p>\n<p>Therefore, I spent a bit of time tinkering with your code, adding a new option at the bottom of the plugin management admin page which allows you to choose whether or not superadmins can see all the non-networked plugins on a site&#8217;s plugin page. It defaults to the current behavior, so the new function is completely transparent to existing users, and there are no upgrade issues to worry about.<\/p>\n<p>It&#8217;s only six lines of code, so I was wondering if you might consider adding it to your plugin. I can email you the modified source file if you let me know where to send it. It&#8217;s yours to do as you like, of course, with no credit required.<\/p>\n<p>Cheers,<\/p>\n<p>Mike Walker<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/multisite-plugin-manager\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-4828330","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4828330","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4828330\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=4828330"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}