{"id":4827114,"date":"2014-04-19T13:18:35","date_gmt":"2014-04-19T13:18:35","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/http-error-on-media-upload-wp-39\/"},"modified":"2016-08-21T19:30:54","modified_gmt":"2016-08-21T19:30:54","slug":"http-error-on-media-upload-wp-39","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/http-error-on-media-upload-wp-39\/","title":{"rendered":"HTTP Error on Media Upload (WP 3.9)"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Whenever I upload a file using the uploader (whether flash or regular, from a ost or from the media page) it gives me the error &#8220;HTTP Error&#8221;. The original file is actually uploaded successfully, but it is not crunched.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve tried&#8230;<\/p>\n<ul>\n<li>Conneting via a VPN (The network I&#8217;m on is restricted in some ways so that&#8217;s a common source of problems for me&#8230; but not this time)<\/li>\n<li>Using another WordPress install (It works fine on other installs of 3.9)<\/li>\n<li>Disabling all plugins\/using 2014 theme<\/li>\n<li>Re-uploading core WP files<\/li>\n<li>Checking for common issues with my host (They are running suphp)<\/li>\n<li>Uploading a tiny image (1kb, still didn&#8217;t work)<\/li>\n<li>two .htaccess &#8220;fixes&#8221; `&lt;IfModule mod_fcgid.c&gt;<br \/>\nMaxRequestLen 15728640<br \/>\n&lt;\/IfModule&gt;<br \/>\n&lt;IfModule mod_security.c&gt;<br \/>\n&lt;Files async-upload.php&gt;<br \/>\nSecFilterEngine Off<br \/>\nSecFilterScanPOST Off<br \/>\n&lt;\/Files&gt;<br \/>\n&lt;\/IfModule&gt;`<\/li>\n<li>Tried it in IE<\/li>\n<li>Spitting in the back and kicking it<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<p>Nothing seemed to work. Still get the same error with the same results. I&#8217;m using Windows 7, chrome 34.0.1847.116 m (and IE 11.0.9600.17041), though it seems like it&#8217;s an issue on the back-end rather than anything that would be affected by my OS and browser.<\/p>\n<p>Any ideas? I&#8217;m sure this isn&#8217;t a unique problem, but I can&#8217;t seem to find any solutions that work for me.<\/p>\n<p>PS. This worked fine before I updated to 3.9<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-4827114","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-http-error","topic-tag-media"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4827114","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4827114\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=4827114"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}