{"id":4800373,"date":"2014-04-11T22:57:27","date_gmt":"2014-04-11T22:57:27","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/reduce-footer-width-spacing\/"},"modified":"2016-08-21T19:15:47","modified_gmt":"2016-08-21T19:15:47","slug":"reduce-footer-width-spacing","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/reduce-footer-width-spacing\/","title":{"rendered":"Reduce Footer Width \/ Spacing"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I have a 4 widget footer and I feel the footer content is too stretched out, with large gaps between each widget section. I would like to squeeze the content closer together, with something like a 10% left\/right margin outside the widget boxes. What&#8217;s the best way to accomplish this and still keep everything centered? I&#8217;ve tried changing various margins and div widths and can&#8217;t get it quite right. Closest I got was reducing col-md-3 width to 20% from 25%, but could not get it centered down the middle of the page correctly.<\/p>\n<p>The footer height\/width itself is fine, just would like to get the 4 divs tighter together, so that they are about 80% width of the main site content above. Even better would be 15% 15% 15% 35% so that the text in the first 3 boxes is nice and tight, and I have a larger 4th box with lots of room for an email sign up form and social media icons.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-4800373","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-footer"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4800373","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4800373\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=4800373"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}