{"id":4376173,"date":"2013-12-03T19:33:19","date_gmt":"2013-12-03T19:33:19","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/instantwordpress-db-errors\/"},"modified":"2016-08-21T13:09:55","modified_gmt":"2016-08-21T13:09:55","slug":"instantwordpress-db-errors","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/instantwordpress-db-errors\/","title":{"rendered":"InstantWordPress DB Errors"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I&#8217;m not actually certain that the wordpress version is correct.  I&#8217;m using InstantWordpress version 4.3 without any updates.<\/p>\n<p>The other day, my niece tried to get into her personal &#8220;diary&#8221; on her usb charm (the portable WordPress site I set up for her).  Instead of it working as normal, she received a 500 error.<\/p>\n<p>Upon further investigation, I found it was actually a DB error.  So, altered the wp-config file to add define(&#8216;WP_ALLOW_REPAIR&#8217;, true);.  Then out to wp-admin\/maint\/repair.php to repair the problem.  Selected repair, and these results returned:<\/p>\n<p>wp_users: 1 client is using or hasn&#8217;t closed the table properly<br \/>\nwp_usermeta: 9 clients are using or haven&#8217;t closed the table properly<br \/>\nwp_posts: 16 clients are using or haven&#8217;t closed the table properly<br \/>\nwp_links: 13 clients are using or haven&#8217;t closed the table properly<br \/>\nwp_options: Table is marked as crashed<br \/>\nwp_postmeta: 17 clients are using or haven&#8217;t closed the table properly<br \/>\nwp_terms: 10 clients are using or haven&#8217;t closed the table properly<br \/>\nwp_term_taxonomy: 16 clients are using or haven&#8217;t closed the table properly<br \/>\nwp_term_relationships: 15 clients are using or haven&#8217;t closed the table properly<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m *guessing* that my niece isn&#8217;t closing her instance of InstantWP correctly and just pulling out the usb instead.  Bad for DBs, without a doubt!  I&#8217;ll correct that usage error, but need a fix for this DB problem before I can even show her the correct way to unmount a DB.  \ud83d\ude42<\/p>\n<p>Thanks for any assistance you can give!<\/p>\n<p>~Jay<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-4376173","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-database-connection-error"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4376173","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4376173\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=4376173"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}