{"id":4339275,"date":"2013-11-21T11:31:03","date_gmt":"2013-11-21T11:31:03","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/wordpress-vulnerability-3\/"},"modified":"2016-08-21T12:47:22","modified_gmt":"2016-08-21T12:47:22","slug":"wordpress-vulnerability-3","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/wordpress-vulnerability-3\/","title":{"rendered":"WordPress Vulnerability?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<br \/>\nI had a problem with a site that was hacked and so I cleaned it all up, changed FTP, user names, etc, etc, etc &#8211; not had a problem since.<\/p>\n<p>When I changed my username I made it a jumble of letters and numbers (so impossible to guess) and I removed any &#8220;author&#8221; type tags so it doesn&#8217;t say on the front of the site who wrote the posts, etc.<\/p>\n<p>However, I&#8217;ve now got someone trying to hack the site again, they&#8217;ve just been locked out by Wordfence, but the worrying thing is they had used my correct new user name &#8211; how on earth have they managed to find that?<\/p>\n<p>This surely is a vulnerability, with the correct user name they are half way there to hacking the site, it would be far better if you could somehow hide the user name so that it is impossible for anyone to discover it.<\/p>\n<p>thanks.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-4339275","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-hacked","topic-tag-hacking"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4339275","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4339275\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=4339275"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}