{"id":4197442,"date":"2013-10-07T14:24:51","date_gmt":"2013-10-07T14:24:51","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/caching-doesnt-seem-to-be-working\/"},"modified":"2016-08-21T05:50:23","modified_gmt":"2016-08-21T05:50:23","slug":"caching-doesnt-seem-to-be-working","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/caching-doesnt-seem-to-be-working\/","title":{"rendered":"Caching doesn&#039;t seem to be working"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>We have a site recently converted to WP (http:\/\/www.babypips.com\/), with WP Super Cache installed with the following settings:<\/p>\n<p>Caching &#8211; checked<br \/>\n              &#8211; use PHP to serve cached files &#8211; selected<\/p>\n<p>Miscellaneous &#8211; Compress pages &#8211; checked<br \/>\n                       &#8211; 304 Not modified browser caching &#8211; checked<br \/>\n                       &#8211; Don&#8217;t cache pages for known users &#8211; checked<br \/>\n                       &#8211; Cache rebuild &#8211; checked<\/p>\n<p>Advanced &#8211; no checks<\/p>\n<p>The Cache Tester says the pages Do Not Match, but I figure that is because I have don&#8217;t cache pages for known users checked (I have to be logged in to run the test.)<\/p>\n<p>So I tried checking the timestamps from 2 other incognito browser windows in a different browser than I&#8217;m logged in as, and they always appear to be generating a new page every time I check&#8211;even though I shouldn&#8217;t be a &#8220;Known User&#8221;. I even tried logging out in the other browser, in case WPSC was using IP address to determine if I&#8217;m a known user.<\/p>\n<p>Here are the timestamp comment sections from the two different incognito windows:<\/p>\n<pre><code>&lt;!-- Dynamic page generated in 2.233 seconds. --&gt;\n&lt;!-- Cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache on 2013-10-07 10:17:58 --&gt;\n&lt;!-- Compression = gzip --&gt;<\/code><\/pre>\n<p>and<\/p>\n<pre><code>&lt;!-- Dynamic page generated in 2.451 seconds. --&gt;\n&lt;!-- Cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache on 2013-10-07 10:18:21 --&gt;\n&lt;!-- Compression = gzip --&gt;<\/code><\/pre>\n<p>I read this as WPSC is letting WP re-generate the dynamic file each time.<\/p>\n<p>Am I wrong, or is this setup not working correctly?<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/wp-super-cache\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-4197442","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-cache"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4197442","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4197442\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=4197442"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}