{"id":4128814,"date":"2013-09-14T23:06:17","date_gmt":"2013-09-14T23:06:17","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/removing-send-text-from-submit-button\/"},"modified":"2016-08-21T05:10:39","modified_gmt":"2016-08-21T05:10:39","slug":"removing-send-text-from-submit-button","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/removing-send-text-from-submit-button\/","title":{"rendered":"Removing &#039;Send&#039; text from submit button"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello, I&#8217;ve done a pretty exhaustive search trying to find a solution to my issue and now I&#8217;m just exhausted.  This may be a simple fix, but I&#8217;m not a developer, coder, or web designer, so forgive me.<\/p>\n<p>I made a custom submit button that includes the word &#8220;Send&#8221; by creating a custom background image to a new class I created for the submit button, then changed [submit &#8220;Send&#8221;] to [submit class:buttons_form &#8221;  &#8220;].  When I published the site in late July, it looked and behaved exactly how I wanted it.  I&#8217;m not sure what happened, theme update, WordPress update, plugin update, but now the default value for the button is &#8220;Send&#8221; and it&#8217;s showing on top of my button, therefore it says, &#8220;Send&#8221; twice.<\/p>\n<p>Here&#8217;s the snippet I&#8217;m getting from Firebug:<\/p>\n<p>&lt;input class=&#8221;wpcf7-form-control wpcf7-submit buttons_form&#8221; type=&#8221;submit&#8221; value=&#8221;Send&#8221;&gt;<\/p>\n<p>I cannot for the life of me, figure out where to change the default value for the button.  I understand what is happening, if I change the form to [submit class:buttons_form &#8220;TEST&#8221;], of course, the button reads &#8220;TEST,&#8221; but if I leave it blank or just have spaces, it reverts to the default value of &#8220;Send.&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>Thanks in advance.<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/plugins\/contact-form-7\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-4128814","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-submit-button"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4128814","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4128814\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=4128814"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}