{"id":410264,"date":"2006-06-27T12:35:45","date_gmt":"2006-06-27T12:35:45","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/css-problem-code-does-not-overlap\/"},"modified":"2016-08-18T21:38:44","modified_gmt":"2016-08-18T21:38:44","slug":"css-problem-code-does-not-overlap","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/css-problem-code-does-not-overlap\/","title":{"rendered":"CSS Problem &#8211; Code Does Not Overlap?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi,<\/p>\n<p>I am having weird problems with CSS. So I&#8217;m starting my template from scratch. Eveyrthing looks great in the test HTML file I made but when I copy everything exactly into WordPress I get quirky things if I split it into an index, header and footer file.<\/p>\n<p>I put my css into a plain style.css file:<\/p>\n<p><code>#nav_menu {<br \/>\n\tposition: relative;<br \/>\n\ttop: -4;<\/p>\n<p>\tborder-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px;<br \/>\n\tborder-style: solid;<br \/>\n\tborder-color: #AAAAAA;<\/p>\n<p>\n\tbackground-color: #555555;<br \/>\n}<\/code><\/p>\n<p>For example, the code above is applied like this:<\/p>\n<p>(Table 1)<br \/>\n(Table 2: Nav Menu)<br \/>\n(Table 1 continues)<\/p>\n<p>However, when I put the code into PHP it doesn&#8217;t make the table float. Also, any other top\/left movement I do with text etc does not show up. If I stick the CSS code onto the same page as the php, the aligning works for my title, subtitle etc but still no go for the table.<\/p>\n<p>Is there something wrong with the purposefully overlapping code above? Or am I doing smth wrong? Thanks!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-410264","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-absolute","topic-tag-left","topic-tag-overlap","topic-tag-top"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/410264","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/410264\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=410264"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}