{"id":4060736,"date":"2013-08-23T19:57:56","date_gmt":"2013-08-23T19:57:56","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/problem-migrating-multisite\/"},"modified":"2016-08-21T04:14:31","modified_gmt":"2016-08-21T04:14:31","slug":"problem-migrating-multisite","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/problem-migrating-multisite\/","title":{"rendered":"Problem migrating Multisite"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I have read all of the topics regarding moving Multisite to a new domain and I did not see the problem I&#8217;m having.<\/p>\n<p>I copied my database and files and I updated the database using the interconnectit tool. I then got &#8220;Error Connecting to Database.&#8221; I went into my database through PHPMyAdmin and made sure I had updated the contents of the wp_blogs, wp_site, wp_sitemeta, etc., as well as the relevant numbered blog tables. I also made sure that wp-config and .htaccess files were set up properly for multisite with the proper domain etc.<\/p>\n<p>I did a database repair and got this message:<\/p>\n<p>wp_posts: Table &#8216;foo.wp_posts&#8217; doesn&#8217;t exist<br \/>\nwp_comments: Table &#8216;foo.wp_comments&#8217; doesn&#8217;t exist<br \/>\nwp_links: Table foo.wp_links&#8217; doesn&#8217;t exist<br \/>\nwp_options: Table &#8216;foo.wp_options&#8217; doesn&#8217;t exist<br \/>\nwp_postmeta: Table foo.wp_postmeta&#8217; doesn&#8217;t exist<br \/>\nwp_terms: Table &#8216;foo.wp_terms&#8217; doesn&#8217;t exist<br \/>\nwp_term_taxonomy: Table &#8216;foo.wp_term_taxonomy&#8217; doesn&#8217;t exist<br \/>\nwp_term_relationships: Table &#8216;foo.wp_term_relationships&#8217; doesn&#8217;t exist<br \/>\nwp_commentmeta: Table &#8216;foo.wp_commentmeta&#8217; doesn&#8217;t exist<\/p>\n<p>where &#8220;foo&#8221; is a placeholder for my actual database name.<\/p>\n<p>What I don&#8217;t understand is: why does it think I need those tables? It is true that they don&#8217;t exist &#8211; because it&#8217;s a multisite setup!! So where do I go to tell it not to look for those tables but to look for the associated numbered tables that correspond to each blog in the network?<\/p>\n<p>Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-4060736","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-database-connection-error","topic-tag-multisite","topic-tag-upgrade"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4060736","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/4060736\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=4060736"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}