{"id":3489820,"date":"2013-02-20T21:48:55","date_gmt":"2013-02-20T21:48:55","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/dreamhost-memory-usage-on-vps\/"},"modified":"2016-08-20T21:51:05","modified_gmt":"2016-08-20T21:51:05","slug":"dreamhost-memory-usage-on-vps","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/dreamhost-memory-usage-on-vps\/","title":{"rendered":"Dreamhost Memory Usage on VPS"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,<\/p>\n<p>URL: <a href=\"http:\/\/witanddelight.com\">witanddelight.com<\/a><\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m currently running WordPress 3.5.1 for the last 2 months on dreamhost using VPS. When the site launched, every few days it would run out of memory and need to be rebooted via the control panel. <\/p>\n<p>I investigated the code for memory leaks and memory usage carefully and implemented caching. This made the site run for a week at a time before needing a reboot. So it helped but didn&#8217;t solve the issue. <\/p>\n<p>I cannot continue to reboot the server weekly to keep it running. Anyone have any suggestions on how to track down what&#8217;s causing this?<\/p>\n<p>Here&#8217;s some data that may help.<\/p>\n<p>Currently allocated memory: 600 MB<br \/>\nWordPress version: 3.5.1<br \/>\nPlugins: Askimet &#8211; Advanced Custom Fields &#8211; Hierarchical Link Categories &#8211; WordPress Importer &#8211; WP Memory Usage &#8211; WP Super Cache<\/p>\n<p>Analytics From Jan 1 2013 &#8211; Feb 20 2013<br \/>\n99,130 Visits<br \/>\n52,836 Unique Visitors<br \/>\n212,135 Page Views<\/p>\n<p>Thanks in advance for anyone with insight to be provided.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-3489820","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-dreamhost"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/3489820","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/3489820\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=3489820"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}