{"id":3396992,"date":"2013-01-24T15:03:33","date_gmt":"2013-01-24T15:03:33","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/error-establishing-a-database-connection-450\/"},"modified":"2016-08-20T20:54:53","modified_gmt":"2016-08-20T20:54:53","slug":"error-establishing-a-database-connection-450","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/error-establishing-a-database-connection-450\/","title":{"rendered":"Error establishing a database connection"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Since I updated to the latest version I&#8217;m having problems. First brought to my attention Tuesday evening by a client. When they tried to access my blog they got the error message in the topic title. I was amazed as just minutes before had logged into wp-admin to add a new post. About 10 mins later it was working again and I finished my latest post. Job done. Until a supplier mentioned it happening yesterday (but I didn&#8217;t have any problem bringing the page up just 2 minutes later). And now it&#8217;s down again&#8230;and I can&#8217;t access the control panel. When I go to wp-admin I get this message:<\/p>\n<p><em>Error establishing a database connection<\/p>\n<p>This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can&#8217;t contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host&#8217;s database server is down.<\/p>\n<p>    Are you sure you have the correct username and password?<br \/>\n    Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?<br \/>\n    Are you sure that the database server is running?<\/p>\n<p>If you&#8217;re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.<\/em><\/p>\n<p>I haven&#8217;t made any alterations and can&#8217;t see any problems &#8211; my main site (non wordpress and hosted on the same domain) is working fine so it&#8217;s not a hosting problem. <\/p>\n<p>Help!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-3396992","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-database-connection-error"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/3396992","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/3396992\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=3396992"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}