{"id":32904,"date":"2004-01-28T18:39:01","date_gmt":"2004-01-28T18:39:01","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/xmlrpcphp-bug\/"},"modified":"2016-08-18T18:16:41","modified_gmt":"2016-08-18T18:16:41","slug":"xmlrpcphp-bug","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/xmlrpcphp-bug\/","title":{"rendered":"xmlrpc.php bug?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I loved to use ecto to post to my MT blog, I recently moved to WP and contacted the developer of <a href=\"http:\/\/www.kung-foo.tv\/ecto\/\">ecto<\/a> to ask about WP support.  He was cool enough to get back to me and ask me to make an account on my blog to test it out.<br \/>\nHere are the e-mails he sent me after trying to post to my blog:<br \/>\nMail #1:<\/p>\n<blockquote>\n<p>You can send the attached XML log to the wordpress people. There&#8217;s some bugs in their XML code as they can see in the log.<br \/>\nTo set your ecto up, use<br \/>\n\thttp:\/\/www.my_site.com\/blog\/xmlrpc.php<br \/>\nas the XMLRPC address<br \/>\nbut useless for now.<\/p>\n<\/blockquote>\n<p>Mail #2:<\/p>\n<blockquote>\n<p>Update:<br \/>\nSetting the system to metaWeblog works, but I had to code a workaround in ecto to get the category list as metaWeblog.getCategories is not properly implemented.<\/p>\n<\/blockquote>\n<p>I&#8217;m not sure where to post the error log, it&#8217;s pretty long&#8230;<br \/>\nalso, if you guys wanna get in touch w\/ the developer directly, his e-mail is:<br \/>\nado -[AT]- kung-foo -[DOT]- tv<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-32904","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/32904","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/32904\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=32904"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}