{"id":2340168,"date":"2011-10-10T18:21:42","date_gmt":"2011-10-10T18:21:42","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/plugin-multiple-content-blocks-plugin-possibly-crashing-host-zoinks\/"},"modified":"2016-08-20T02:49:53","modified_gmt":"2016-08-20T02:49:53","slug":"plugin-multiple-content-blocks-plugin-possibly-crashing-host-zoinks","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/plugin-multiple-content-blocks-plugin-possibly-crashing-host-zoinks\/","title":{"rendered":"[Plugin: Multiple content blocks] Plugin possibly crashing host (zoinks!)"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi there,<br \/>\nI don&#8217;t mean to be alarmist and I could be wrong pointing the finger at this (otherwise lovely, highly helpful) plugin but I experienced the same issue twice:<\/p>\n<p>1)activated plugin<br \/>\n2) added a multiple content block to my custom theme page<br \/>\n3) went into wordpress editor and noticed one strange thing which was that the name of my region didn&#8217;t show up, and the wysiwyg\/html buttons were inactive. See this screenshot: http:\/\/cl.ly\/3y1g3w3D3f3P2j3I2B2k<br \/>\n4) typed something into the editable area any and clicked update page<br \/>\n5) result: page updates in editor, but actual live site doesn&#8217;t show multi content. More concerning: the entire server went into a CPU \/ resources spiral downwards until it refused all connections and had to be hard-rebooted.<\/p>\n<p>This happened TWICE, so I stopped trying to use the plugin after that and switched to a different plugin.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m familiar with this plugin and I&#8217;ve used it on one other site with no problems. I suppose this could be a combination problem with some other plugin, but I wasn&#8217;t willing to crash the server repeatedly to figure out what the conflict was.<\/p>\n<p>Hope this feedback helps anyone who experiences a similar problem.<\/p>\n<p>NB: For this site I switched to Page.ly MultiEdit Plugin. I don&#8217;t like it as well, but it doesn&#8217;t seem to cause the crashing server problem.<\/p>\n<p>https:\/\/wordpress.org\/extend\/plugins\/multiple-content-blocks\/<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-2340168","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/2340168","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/2340168\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=2340168"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}