{"id":2029113,"date":"2011-04-12T21:49:44","date_gmt":"2011-04-12T21:49:44","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/is-there-any-permanent-solution-to-database-connection-error\/"},"modified":"2016-08-19T23:35:35","modified_gmt":"2016-08-19T23:35:35","slug":"is-there-any-permanent-solution-to-database-connection-error","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/is-there-any-permanent-solution-to-database-connection-error\/","title":{"rendered":"Is there any permanent solution to Database connection error"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I am using the latest WP on my site <a href=\"http:\/\/www.theworld.org\">theworld.org<\/a> which is hosted on Bluehost. Every now and then I get the database connection error. Everything was working fine for the past few months and then I made an update to 3.1.1 and the error was back.<\/p>\n<p>I contacted bluehost and I was told that it was because my processes were involved in CPU throttling and that I should check things at my end.<\/p>\n<p>Since then, I have deleted all the unwanted plugins, serially disabled the existing plugins, optimized and repaired the DB, removed a lot of junk posts and media from WP, but the CPU throttling number hardly has come down and I still get the database error erratically.<\/p>\n<p>I looked up at some forums and it seems this could be because for a site this size, we need a dedicated server. Do you think that could be solve the problem? If yes, which hosting service would you recommend?<\/p>\n<p>Thanks,<br \/>\nThe World<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-2029113","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-database-connection-error"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/2029113","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/2029113\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=2029113"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}