{"id":19038218,"date":"2026-10-06T20:58:01","date_gmt":"2026-10-06T20:58:01","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/?post_type=topic&#038;p=19038218"},"modified":"2026-10-06T21:16:14","modified_gmt":"2026-10-06T21:16:14","slug":"elementor-mcp-great-idea-difficult-setup","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/elementor-mcp-great-idea-difficult-setup\/","title":{"rendered":"Elementor MCP: Great Idea, Difficult Setup"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">MCP is a great standardized toolset for connecting LLMs with applications. There are already many MCP implementations available, and Elementor has now implemented its own MCP. I think this is a very good move: an official Elementor MCP should provide the right toolset for Elementor and, in principle, should be able to understand Elementor better than a generic third-party MCP.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">However, I have a PhD and I spent a considerable amount of time getting the Elementor MCP to work. For something that is presented as a modern, plug-and-play integration, the setup and troubleshooting experience was surprisingly difficult! Other MCP implementations I have tested were much easier to get running.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I hope Elementor will invest more resources and development effort in this area. MCP and AI-assisted development are evolving extremely quickly, and the competitive environment is moving just as fast.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">This also raises a broader question for me as an Elementor user: why invest significant time and effort into building with Elementor when an LLM can generate a functional HTML page within minutes, often for free?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Technology is moving brutally fast. The value of Elementor will increasingly depend not only on its visual editor, but also on how well it integrates with AI-assisted workflows and how much friction it removes from the development process.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I still believe that an official Elementor MCP is the right direction. I would simply like to see it become as straightforward and reliable as the idea behind it suggests.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">However, I spent a long time to make it work. I hope the company investes some more biudget in this field to keep up with all the competitors. Sometimes I am asking myself why to invest all that effort into elementor when I get a html page within minutes for free.  Tech is brutal and fast !<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19038218","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19038218","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19038218\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":19038221,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19038218\/revisions\/19038221"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19038218"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}