{"id":19035371,"date":"2026-10-03T00:59:17","date_gmt":"2026-10-03T00:59:17","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/?post_type=topic&#038;p=19035371"},"modified":"2026-10-03T02:16:48","modified_gmt":"2026-10-03T02:16:48","slug":"custom-elements-being-removed-from-header-html-element-after-update","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/custom-elements-being-removed-from-header-html-element-after-update\/","title":{"rendered":"Custom elements being removed from Header HTML element after update"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hello Blocksy Support,<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I&#8217;m using the free version of Blocksy with the Blocksy Companion plugin.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">My current versions are:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li>Blocksy: 2.1.58<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Blocksy Companion: 2.1.58<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have a simple custom Amazon search form in the <strong>Header Builder \u2192 HTML element<\/strong>. This was working correctly before the most recent Blocksy\/Blocksy Companion update.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The form is a basic Amazon search:<code>&lt;form action=\"https:\/\/www.amazon.com\/s\" method=\"get\" target=\"_blank\"&gt; &lt;input type=\"text\" name=\"k\" required placeholder=\"Search Amazon...\"&gt; &lt;button type=\"submit\"&gt;Search&lt;\/button&gt; &lt;\/form&gt;<\/code><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Before the recent update, the form displayed correctly in the header and the Amazon search worked correctly.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">After updating Blocksy and Blocksy Companion, the <strong>Search button still appears, but the <code>&lt;input&gt;<\/code> field disappears completely from the published frontend<\/strong>.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I initially thought this was a CSS problem, so I tested it extensively. However, I checked the actual HTML source of the published page and the <code>&lt;input&gt;<\/code> element is not present in the generated HTML at all.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I also performed a controlled test using three completely different input elements:<code>&lt;div style=\"background:#eee;padding:8px;border:1px solid #ddd\"&gt; TEST 1: &lt;input type=\"text\" value=\"TEXT INPUT\"&gt; TEST 2: &lt;input value=\"PLAIN INPUT\"&gt; TEST 3: &lt;input type=\"search\" value=\"SEARCH INPUT\"&gt; TEST 4: &lt;textarea rows=\"1\"&gt;TEXTAREA&lt;\/textarea&gt; &lt;button type=\"button\"&gt;BUTTON&lt;\/button&gt; &lt;\/div&gt;<\/code><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">On the published frontend, the resulting HTML contains the textarea and button, but <strong>all three <code>&lt;input&gt;<\/code> elements have been removed<\/strong>.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The resulting HTML is essentially:<code>&lt;div style=\"background:#eee;padding:8px;border:1px solid #ddd\"&gt; TEST 1: TEST 2: TEST 3: TEST 4: &lt;textarea rows=\"1\"&gt;TEXTAREA&lt;\/textarea&gt; &lt;button type=\"button\"&gt;BUTTON&lt;\/button&gt; &lt;\/div&gt;<\/code><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">There is no <code>&lt;input&gt;<\/code> element in the published HTML.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have also confirmed that the original form works correctly when placed in a normal WordPress page. The same form also appears correctly inside the Customizer preview for the Header HTML element.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">So the problem appears to occur specifically when Blocksy saves\/renders the HTML element for the live frontend.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Could you please investigate whether Blocksy 2.1.58 or Blocksy Companion 2.1.58 introduced a change to the sanitization or output processing of the Header HTML element that removes <code>&lt;input&gt;<\/code> elements?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">If this is intentional, is there a recommended way to place a custom HTML form containing <code>&lt;input&gt;<\/code> fields in the Blocksy free header?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">If it is a regression, could you please advise whether there is a workaround or fix?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have deliberately not added any CSS workaround because the <code>&lt;input&gt;<\/code> element is actually missing from the generated HTML rather than merely being hidden by CSS.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thank you.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19035371","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-form","topic-tag-header","topic-tag-update"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19035371","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19035371\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":19035392,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19035371\/revisions\/19035392"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19035371"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}