{"id":19033365,"date":"2026-09-30T16:51:00","date_gmt":"2026-09-30T16:51:00","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/acf-field-and-content-image-issues\/"},"modified":"2026-09-30T16:51:00","modified_gmt":"2026-09-30T16:51:00","slug":"acf-field-and-content-image-issues","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/acf-field-and-content-image-issues\/","title":{"rendered":"ACF field and content image issues"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hello there, I&#8217;ve been using your Volume Post Sync Manager for a bit now, and while it works well for &#8216;normal&#8217; Gutenberg pages, there seem to be some issues with ACF-based custom fields&#8217; data and inline images which have not been uploaded to both versions of a site. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Before there was a native Gutenberg block for it, I&#8217;d developed an FAQ\/accordion block with Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), which is still in use on a site of mine. It basically uses a repeater field with sub-fields for the question (normal text field) and an answer (a WYSIWYG = TinyMCE field). When formatting text, including line-breaks and anchors, pushing a page leads to some kind of conversion of the HTML from the WYSIWYG field. Namely, line breaks or paragraphs disappear and are replaced with <code>rnrn<\/code>, and links show like this: <code>u003ca href=u0022https:\/\/myurl.com0022u003euntenu003c\/au003e.u003c\/pu003e<\/code>. Another example is this at the beginning of the first line of text: <code>u003cp style=u0022margin-bottom: 8pxu0022u003e<\/code>. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Another example is similar, where I use a repeater field with sub-fields for a link (URL) and an image to create a slider. I suspect the issues stem from problems with escaping certain characters, like angle brackets or quotes and\/or inverted commas. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Apart from the issues mentioned, it also seems that media uploaded to the content doesn&#8217;t get synced over to the live site. Which is unfortunate, as they create 404 errors. Is that normal? <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thanks for taking a look!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19033365","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19033365","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19033365\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19033365"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}