{"id":19032826,"date":"2026-09-30T06:00:22","date_gmt":"2026-09-30T06:00:22","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/database-deadlock-in-translatepress-machine-translation\/"},"modified":"2026-09-30T06:00:22","modified_gmt":"2026-09-30T06:00:22","slug":"database-deadlock-in-translatepress-machine-translation","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/database-deadlock-in-translatepress-machine-translation\/","title":{"rendered":"Database Deadlock in TranslatePress Machine Translation"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hi TranslatePress Support,<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I noticed a WordPress database deadlock error while using TranslatePress on my website.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The error occurred while I was working with translations and appears to originate from TranslatePress machine translation:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><code>WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction<\/code><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The affected query was an <code>INSERT IGNORE<\/code> into:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><code>wp_trp_machine_translation_locks<\/code><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The error trace includes:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><code>TRP_Machine_Translator-&gt;translate<\/code><br \/><code>TRP_Machine_Translator-&gt;claim_strings_for_machine_translation<\/code><br \/><code>TRP_Query-&gt;claim_machine_translation_locks<\/code><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The request was made through:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><code>wp-admin\/admin-ajax.php<\/code><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have also noticed another issue around the same period where the Forminator form editor displays a blank white page. I have tested Forminator with TranslatePress disabled using WordPress Troubleshooting Mode, and the Forminator editor still remains blank, so I am not sure whether the two issues are related.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The front-end translations and forms are currently still working.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">My environment:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li>Hosting: WordPress.com<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>WordPress: 7.1.2<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>PHP: 8.4.26<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>TranslatePress: Free version<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Forminator: 1.57.3<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Could you please advise whether this database deadlock is a known issue with TranslatePress machine translation and whether any action is required to prevent it from recurring?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I would prefer not to modify or delete the translation database tables because this is a live research assessment website.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thank you for your help.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19032826","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-database","topic-tag-deadlock"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19032826","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19032826\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19032826"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}