{"id":19032442,"date":"2026-09-29T16:05:20","date_gmt":"2026-09-29T16:05:20","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/should-ez-toc-work-when-placed-in-block-template\/"},"modified":"2026-09-29T16:05:20","modified_gmt":"2026-09-29T16:05:20","slug":"should-ez-toc-work-when-placed-in-block-template","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/should-ez-toc-work-when-placed-in-block-template\/","title":{"rendered":"Should ez-toc work when placed in Block Template?"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I&#8217;ve been trying to get ez-toc to work when it&#8217;s placed in a shortcode block in a column in a Page template. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>What works: <\/strong>If I place the shortcode block INSIDE page content, it works, even if I create columns within the content area. When I inspect the page I can see that &lt;spans&gt; with ID&#8217;s have been created below each heading.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>What doesn&#8217;t work:<\/strong> If I edit the page template, add two columns, place a shortcode block containing [ez-toc] in the left column and the content block in the right, this happens: <br \/>The TOC is rendered correctly, with hrefs as expected, but there are no corresponding spans under the headings. <br \/><br \/>I&#8217;m running: <br \/>WP 7.1.2<br \/>Easy Table of Contents 2.0.88<br \/>Twenty Twenty-Five 1.5<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Please let me know what the issue might be, or if this use-case is even supported. Thanks!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19032442","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-shortcode"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19032442","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19032442\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19032442"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}