{"id":19032275,"date":"2026-09-29T13:00:21","date_gmt":"2026-09-29T13:00:21","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/something-went-wrong-88\/"},"modified":"2026-09-29T13:00:21","modified_gmt":"2026-09-29T13:00:21","slug":"something-went-wrong-88","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/something-went-wrong-88\/","title":{"rendered":"Something went wrong"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The offloading process itself worked, which is why I\u2019m giving 2 stars. However, the recommended \u201cSmart Local Cleanup\u201d setting caused a serious issue on my WordPress site.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">This option deletes locally generated thumbnails while keeping the original images. However, WordPress Media Library, WPBakery, and Elementor continued requesting those thumbnails from local URLs instead of Cloudflare R2.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">In my case, 880 out of 890 image attachments were affected, with 4,718 thumbnail files missing. Each missing image triggered a full WordPress 404 request, consuming memory and database queries. When many of these requests ran concurrently, they exhausted the hosting process limit and temporarily brought the entire site down with HTTP 403 errors.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I had to deactivate the plugin and regenerate the thumbnails manually in controlled batches.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The offloading feature is useful, but I would not recommend Smart Local Cleanup unless the plugin can reliably serve missing local thumbnail URLs from the remote storage provider.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19032275","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19032275","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19032275\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19032275"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}